If you are a newbie in the tattoo industry, after you choose the machine that suits you, the next step is to choose the right tattoo needles. The needle is critical in determining the accuracy of inking, and the quality of the needle can greatly affect the quality of the final work, so choosing the right tattoo cartridge is one of the main keys. Most tattoo artists keep stock of many different types of tattoo needles for different procedures, from liners to shaders to magnums, and having the right tools allows you to provide the best service to your clients.
We know it can be easy to get overwhelmed by the various brands of tattoo needles on the market, to make your job easier, we have listed the best tattoo needles to help you get precise designs and perfect results.
9 BEST TATTOO NEEDLES
KWADRON has established a strong reputation for using the best materials available to create one of the top tattoo needle cartridges on the market. The unique needle stabilization system in KWADRON ® cartridges ensures durability and optimum performance. Because the outer housing is made of plastic of medical-grade, there is significantly less friction between the needle grouping and the tip. Complete with a stabilizing mechanism and safety membrane, Kwadron tattoo needles are 100% professional-grade and provide ample protection against ink back flow. Many of the world’s finest artists use KWADRON needles in their work.
Configurations: Round Liners, Round Shaders, Magnums, Soft Edge Magnums, Flats
Sizes: 0.25mm, 0.30mm, 0.35mm, 0.40mm
- Products of well-known tattoo brands.
- Manufactured with high precision to ensure the highest quality razor-sharp
- Unique needle stabilization system and safety membrane system.
- Excellent ink flow.
- Compatible with most tattoo machines on the market.
- Sterilized with medical grade plastic and E.O. gas, 100% safe and sterile solution.
2.Bishop DA VINCI V2
Bishop is another widely renowned name in the tattoo world that needs no introduction. Bishop’s DA VINCI V2 tattoo needles are one of the finest lining solution cartridges on the market.
Bishop DA VINCI V2 is designed according to an 8-step quality control procedure to ensure a perfectly smooth surface of the cartridge. This ensures that damage to the skin during the inking process would be minimal at best.
Configurations: Round Liners, Round Shaders, Curved Magnums, Magnums
Sizes: 0.17mm, 0.22mm, 0.25mm, 0.30mm, 0.35mm, 0.40mm
- A reputable and trusted name in the tattoo world.
- The best choice for lining.
- An 8-step quality control procedure ensures a perfectly smooth surface for the needles, minimizing skin damage during inking.
- Vent hole in the side of the cartridge provides superior ink flow.
- Compatible with all twist in style cartridge grips and machines.
- Individual blister packs and EO gas sterilized.
- High quality and durable.
- Good accuracy and stability.
3.Cheyenne Safety Cartridge Needles
Cheyenne has always been a leading provider of quality tattoo equipment in the industry. The Safety Cartridges are Cheyenne’s invention once again demonstrating its innovative leadership in the tattoo industry. The patented safety membrane prevents blood and tattoo ink from entering the grip. Manufactured according to medical standards by experienced experts ensuring the highest quality. 66 needle configurations to choose from give you full artistic freedom and changing tattoo needles takes just seconds.
Configurations: Flat, Power liner, Round Shader, Magnum, Magnum Softedge, Liner, Open Liner
Sizes: 0.25mm, 0.30mm, 0.35mm, 0.40mm
- Patented safety membrane prevents blood from entering the grip and associated cross-contamination.
- 66 different needle configurations for maximum artistic freedom.
- Manufactured according to medical standards (ISO 13485).
- Made in Germany.
4.CNC Police Cartridges
CNC is one of the most trustworthy tattoo equipment manufacturers in China. Although this may be the first time you’ve heard its name, more and more tattoo artists have chosen their products in recent years. Cartridge design is not the focus of many tattoo needle manufacturers, but that is not the case with CNC Police Cartridges. CNC cartridge needles feature the highest quality, durable, smoked clear Lexan plastic tips pressed into medical grade smoked clear housings. The needles are made of high-quality materials and are very stable during use. Additionally, the finger ledges in the tattoo needles are designed to provide a comfortable fit for the user, which benefits tattoo artists during long-time sessions. Compared to other needle cartridges on the market today, CNC Police Cartridges are more efficient by design. CNC Police Cartridges have an incredibly smooth linear action which gives a smoother needle flow with less tension and faster retraction, which allows the tattoo machine and needles to run smoother overall. This allows the artist to achieve higher speeds with less voltage. In addition to the regular red version, they launched a Christmas green version in late 2022.
This is a Good choice for those looking for affordable and membrane-protected tattoo needles. As a universal tattoo needle, it is suitable for most rotary machines on the market.
Configurations: Round liner, Hollow Round Liner, Tight Round Liner, Round Shader, Round Magnum, Weaved Magnum
Sizes: 0.18mm, 0.20mm, 0.25mm, 0.30mm, 0.35mm
- Unique & industry-first feature, the cartridge finger ledge gives you the perfect place to rest your finger while working.
- Transparent housing for optimal visibility, a membrane mechanism to prevent ink back flow.
- One-piece needle over-mold for total stability.
- Safety membrane drive system.
- Suitable for most machine brands on the market.
- More than 120 popular configurations.
5.Rhein Tattoo Cartridges
The RHEIN® tattoo needle is another affordable option. Each needle configuration has a matching needle housing mold and the needle housing is cast in one piece. Rhein uses a special device to stabilize the needle shaft – the stainless steel needle is embedded in the needle shaft to minimize soldering links. To avoid chemical pollution such as lead, tin, mercury, etc., formaldehyde-free glue is used in the embedding process of the needle and ejector pin. Feature an excellent system of stabilizing ultra-sharp needles, which ensures their durability and strength. You can try Rhein Cartridge Needles in round liner, tight liner, round shader, and curved magnum varieties with 0.20mm, 0.25mm, and 0.33mm diameters. All cartridges come with a safety membrane.
Configurations: Round liner, Hollow Round Liner, Open Tip Waved Magnum, Close Tip Waved Magnum, Close Tip Curved Magnum, Open Tip Curved Magnum, Round Shader
Sizes: 0.25mm, 0.30mm, 0.35mm
- Individually packaged and EO gas sterilized, making them safe to use on clients.
- Stable premium fine needles.
- More than 106 most popular configurations.
- Completely transparent, perfect visibility enables artists to focus on tattooing.
6.Mast Pro Tattoo Cartridges Needles
You can always find a wide range of tattoo solutions in the Dragonhawk product lists. One of their outstanding products is the Mast Pro needles, which are not only easy to use but also highly affordable, making them a great combination to any tattoo artist. Mast Cartridges needles are efficient and fast, and the firmly welded needles will not rattle and can produce fine detail lines, bringing customers a pleasant tattooing experience. Its impeccable mechanics and quality will instantly have everyone hooked up in no time, from beginners to experienced professionals in the field.
Configurations: Round liner, Hollow Round Liner, Tight Round Liner, Round Shader, Round Magnum, Curved Magnum
Sizes: 0.25mm, 0.30mm, 0.35mm
- 304L needles, polished by an automatic machine to ensure a much smoother outcome.
- Mast Pro needles reliable for all-purpose work. Offering all the configurations you need whether for lining or shading.
- Complete ethylene oxide disinfection, disposable single use.
- 4 thickened bars ensured the high strength of durability, close to 200 rebound force with toughness, with perfect tension, which can reduce the pressure on the tattoo machine and keep the pen working for a long time.
7.Stigma Tattoo Cartridges
Stigma has needle manufacturing experience in the tattoo field for years, which enables to produce better than most brands on the market. The first thing that comes to mind when talking about Stigma Tattoo needles is their consistency, craft, and fluency. The unique light blue housing is a symbol of sterility, each tattoo needle is 100% E.O. sterilized and individually wrapped in a blister pack. Stigma offers 2 gauge sizes: #12 gauge size, also known as standard gauge size, can be used on the common tattoo design. For some delicate tattooing, recommend the #10 Round Liner or #10 Round Shader.
Configurations: Round liner, Hollow Round Liner, Round Shader, Round Magnum, Weaved Magnum
Sizes: 0.25mm, 0.30mm, 0.35mm
- The disposable tattoo cartridge needles is made of 304 surgical stainless steel and medical-grade plastic.
- All disposable cartridge needles have passed CE certification, and the L.O.T date is printed on each package, providing absolute protection for your clients.
- Perfect membrane tension designed to prevent ink spit back.
- Semi-transparent design makes it easier to observe the needle while tattooing.
- Compatible with most standard cartridge grips & machines
8.QUELLE Tattoo Finger Ledge Cartridges
An upgraded version of the Quelle needle, the novel finger ledge design provides unprecedented comfort and control in the needle cartridge, which is favored by tattoo artists all over the world. Comfort finger ledge tattoo cartridge needles will help you take your tattoocraft to the next level.
Configurations: Round liner, Round Magnum
Sizes: 0.30mm, 0.35mm
- The Silicone Wrap on each needle grip locks perfectly, enables artiststo hold tattoo machine more comfortably and steadily.
- Give artist finger extra comfort, less finger fatigue and absorbs those damaging vibrations while tattooing.
- The rubber finger ledge combined with your rubber gloves reduces slipping, especially doing whipping and pendulum.
- The needle tip body is transparent, offering complete visibility of the needle and ink flow while tattooing.
- Fitted with secure membrane, which ensures that no ink or blood can leak through in to the grip.
9.Peak Quartz Cartridge Needles
Peak needle cartridges are distinguished by their expert and reliable performance. Peak Quartz Tattoo Needle Cartridges are designed for smooth tattooing sessions and performance. It offers an inner membrane with a unique stabilizer. The inner membrane works to provide you with the ideal tension for more fluid tattooing sessions while the stabilizer ensures that the needle doesn’t move at all while tattooing, making it great for creating clean lines and PMU work. Peak is the only manufacturer to offer this state-of-the-art stabilizer in their cartridge needles.
Configurations: Round Liner, Hollow Liner, Tight Round Liner, Round Shader, Magnum, Curved Magnum
Sizes: 0.25mm, 0.30mm, 0.35mm
- One-of-a-kind stabilizer in each cartridge.
- Inner membrane to prevent backflow of pigment.
- Peak tattoo supplies go through a rigorous, detailed purification and testing process. All disposable tattoo needles under its brand are individually packaged for single use.
- Compatible with most grips and machines.
Tattoo Needle buying Guide and what to look out for
1. Are the needles pre-sterilised?
Most tattoo needles are now pre-sterilized, but before buying tattoo needles, you must check the product description mentions this, and if you are not sure, you can also ask the supplier for a certificate of sterilization of the product. Most manufacturers usually label information on the product packaging regarding the sterilization status and expiration date.
2. Are the needles well soldered?
You should check that the needles are firmly attached to the center bar and will not hang loose because poorly welded loose needles have the potential risk to come out during a session, causing uneven ink distribution, distorted tattoos and even skin injuries.
3. Are the needles sharp and unbent?
Please check that the needles are sharp and not bent, because bent and blunt needles can cause significant damage to clients’ skin and distribute the ink unevenly, which can ruin the design.
So check the reviews of the consumer before placing order.
4. Are the needles compatible with your machine?
Make sure the cartridge you choose is compatible with the tattoo machine you are using. Some tattoo cartridges may only work with certain devices, so check the manufacturer’s specifications before purchasing.
When purchasing tattoo needles, considering health, hygiene and safety is the top priority of every tattoo artist, please remember to buy tattoo needles with safety membrane. Finding the right tattoo cartridge for you is one of the main keys to complete a perfect tattoo work, you can try several to test and compare. We hope this article will help you select the best tattoo needles in 2023.